Eagle 1.11 Release Note
Evening, Eagle team here. In the past 3 months, we’ve been working hard to optimize Eagle, and we would like to explicitly express our thanks to every users that brought their suggestions and feedbacks to us. We hope you enjoy the update 🍻.
Here are what’s new/improved in this update:
🙌 More supported formats
- .skp （SketchUp）
- .dwg （AutoCAD）
- .aac, .flac, .m4a
- .xlsx （Windows）
Note: As of ver. 1.11.0 , Eagle supports 76 file formats (mac OS) / 65 formats (Windows)
🚀 Faster categorize tools
Efficiency is all that Eagle strives for in every iteration. In this version, we have introduced brand new tools for categorization to make your tasks quicker and easier, only one step is needed to sort your assets!
F to open the tool, then check categories, the task is done. Like all functions in Eagle, this tools also possess following powerful features:
- Fuzzy search: No need to type the exact keyword to find the right result.
- Recent History: Recently used items will be shown op top to reduce efforts put in sorting.
👀 Faster Preview
We always wanted to find an easier alternative way to preview images outside
double-click and space bar. In this update, we’ve introduced a new ‘hover to preview’ feature, which allows you to browse image details in the quickest manner with the least actions needed, it’s kind of like Hover Zoom+ extension.
There are two ways to access this function:
- Hover your mouse over the bottom right of the image
You can enlarge images by hover mouses to the bottom right corner of images, no extra actions are needed.
Zwhile hovering your mouse over any image
If you are going to preview frequently, you can hold
Zand hover your mouse over any images to preview.
- When you’re just browsing randomly, and you don’t want to switch pages when spotted an image you like.
- When you want to browse long images, GIFs and animated images.
- When you want to maginfy image details without switching pages.
- When you’re browsing with only one hand and want to preview specific images.
🐤 105 new Icons
We’ve added 105 new icons to cover more comprehensive usage scenarios. The total icon amount goes from 57 to 162 now.
🔐 Password Lock
With the Password Lock feature, you no longer have to worry about your precious ideas would get shoulder-surfed. The feature can be accessed in the Preference, once locked, nobody could access to any assets you collected unless the application is unlocked by password.
- Open “Preferences” and click “Privacy” tab →check “Password Lock”
- Click on “Lock now” in the menu or press shortcut key
⌘/Ctrl+Alt+Lto lock the application straightaway.
WebP format conversion
The .webp image format has been widely used by more and more websites in recent years, the images in this format cannot be implemented on applications like Photoshop, many of our users find this annoying.
Starting from Eagle 1.11, you can convert WebP images saved in Eagle into JPG/PNG formats easily, just select images you wish to convert, right-click→ “More”→ “Convert WebP”, done.
Remark: WebP is a new kind of image format, its file size is relatively small compared to regular JPG/PNG formats.
- You can now create new folders/smart folders under a selected folders by right clicking.
- You can now “Expand/Collapse All Folders” in the right click menu.
- You can now “Expand/Collapse All Folders” by pressing
- Added “Go to Top” button to the sidebar.
- Greatly improved the performance when scrolling the sidebar (120% ↑)
- You can now switch to “Search All” by pressing
- Added “Pink” color for icons (folders, smart folders, tag groups.
- You can now sort folders by Titles.
- You can now quick switch libraries by pressing
- Optimized the process when dragging files into locked folders.
- You can now drag “folders/smart folders” into Quick Access directly.
- You can now press
-to zoom in/out (no longer need to hold
- Removed "Ascending/Descending" option in "Order by" list for better usability, now the order options are listed in the menu respectively.
- You can now sort by “Duration”.
- You can now preview WebP animations by hovering mouse over the images.
- The "Show subfolder contents" checkbox will be displayed more clearly in the List to improve visibility.“
- You can “Expand/Hide” subfolder list on top of the List.
- You can now open multiple files with default applications at once.
- Holding on back/forward buttons to top left corner of the List will prompt out browse History menu.
- Reduced spacings in the List for better space utilization and a more aesthetic appeal.
- You can now “Manually change order” for filter conditions.
- You can now open up “frequently used filter conditions” by pressing the corresponding shortcut keys.
Designed shortcut keys for the following frequently used conditions by their respective initials. The shortcut key comes in
- Added “Folder” filter condition.
- Changed the icon for color filtering tools for a more intuitive impression.
- Added “previous/next” frame buttons in GIF player.
- You can now multi-select Tags in Search Result by holding
Ctrl+ click on tags.
- You can now copy image tags to clipboard as plain text.
- You can press
⌘/Ctrl+Cto copy tags as plain texts into clipboard in All Tags.
- Added an option to sort tag groups by “Tag counts”.
- You can now fill in the URL box by simply dropping "paths" or "links" in it.
- Now you can press
J，to quickly jump between folders.
- Now you can click on “the name of the parent folder” to open it in Go To Folder window.
- Added the “folder” condition when setting up smart folders.
- When the date selector is opened up, it should select an approximate time frame automatically instead of specifying current date every time.
- Added “Not null” value for smart folder’s filtering rules.
- You can multi-select categories by holding
⌘when saving images to save your time.
- Images just added into Eagle will be auto-selected to reduce unwanted actions.
- The Batch save function will now identify images with lower definition to prevent stretching when previewing.
🥁 Filter audio files by BPM
- Added “BPM” attribute to audio files, which applies to filter and smart folders feature.
Remark: The option is set to disabled by default, you can enable it in “Preference > Filter > BPM “.
Detail View Mode
- Enhanced the interaction animation when "Zoom in/out" in detailed view mode for smoother experiences.
- When the mouse moves away from popup windows, the toolbars will be hidden for clearer preview experiences.
- Now you can double-click psd, psd, ai files to preview in high-definition (Windows).
- Now you can double-click on psd, psb, ai, doc, excel, ppt, key, pages, numbers, xmind, exr, hdr files to preview in high-definition (macOS).
- When using mouse wheel for the first time, Eagle will now ask preferred behavior for the mouse wheel(Zoom, Previous/Next image, Vertical Scroll).
- You can now flip images horizontally (For preview only, the file won’t be modified).
🎲 Random Mode
- You can now specify folders in Random mode.
✂️ Image Cropping
Reworked the interaction when cropping. In addition to displaying widths and heights of the selected area, the operation maneuver is also reworked.
- Now you can adjust selected areas by
Arrow keys, hold
Arrow keysto adjust size, hold
Shift, to shift 10 pixels. These allows a more precise and handy image cropping.
- You can now press
Enterto finish cropping.
- Added “Orientation, Align, Margin” options when merging.
- You can now open Combine Image function by shortcut key
Batch rename Font files
Sometimes the title of font files don’t go in line with the actual name, and renaming them one by one would be too time-consuming. Now, you can just right-click on the font you want to rename, then select “More” > "Rename with Font Family” to rename them quickly.
- Added “Capture Full Screen” feature.
- Published the browser extension dedicated for Microsoft Edge:
- Redesigned menu bar icon for macOS.
- Optimized performance when loading List for HDD / other slower hard drives (approx. 40% ↑).
- Improved app’s performance when initializing (approx. 15% ↑).
- Optimized the algorithm for keyword search, the performance is boosted approx. 50%↑.
- Fixed an issue where the folders with the same name cannot be distinguished in the Quick Categorize tool (Parent folder’s name will be displayed when hovering mouse over the folder).
- Enhanced the thumbnails’ clarity in batch save interface.
- Enhanced the application stability, preventing backend crashes in rare cases.
- Enhanced the interaction animation effects for better sense of speed.
- Reduced the flashiness when switching between images.
- Memory scroll location when switching between All Tags and List tabs.
🐞 Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that files won’t be removed from the original folder when dragging multiple folders.
- Batch renaming now supports the use of symbol #
- Fixed an issue where images the List will be blurred under 125%/150% display size in Win 10.
- Fixed an issue where adding bad .sketch files will cause the app to freeze in macOS.
- Fixed a bug that "Revert Image Search " did not work properly.
- Fixed a bug where a source file cannot be copy-pasted to other software (Windows).
- Fixed a bug where images displayed in Safari cannot be dragged into Eagle.
- Fixed a bug that filters cannot find out webm, cd, ico file formats properly.
- Fixed an issue where unexpected timeout when importing audios will cause backend task queue to freeze.
- Fixed an issue where importing corrupted audio files will cause application backend to crash.
- When showing all comments of the image, the one hovered over will be displayed on top, rather than being covered by other comments.
- Fixed a bug that in rare cases, dragging images inside the app will be misjudged, resulting in adding duped images.
- Fixed an issue where comments cannot be added in GIF player.
- Fixed a bug that in rare cases, the screen will twitch when deleting images in random mode.
- Fixed a bug that changes in image notes/comments/URLs won’t be saved if clicked on other folders instead of clicking on spacings in the List.
- Fixed an issue where links in PDF files can’t be opened.
- Fixed an issue that copy-paste images function may encounter unexpected error if the image is being used by other programs (Windows).
- Fixed a bug that tga files cannot be added in rare cases.
- Fixed an issue where the order of images imported from Artstation is inconsistent.
- Fixed a bug that the height/width of SVG images are incorrectly analyzed.
One last thing: Our next version would be Eagle 2.0, some very important features are on the way, stay tuned for our latest news! 😎
Like Eagle? Give us some applause! 👏
If you find the new version amazing, or want to show some gratitude for Eagle team’s effort, please share this article to friends who you think might need Eagle’s help. Or alternatively, you can give us an upvote. Your support is our greatest reward!
- Eagle - Chrome Web Store
- Eagle - Firefox Browser Add-ons
- Upvote in Product Hunt
Need help? Have any Suggestions to Eagle team?
Your feedback means a lot to us, we would really appreciate for the time you spent reaching out us. If you’ve spotted an error, glitch or any issue about Eagle, please click here to learn how to contact us. We hope you enjoy using Eagle!